2. Data Protection Act 1998
Any personal information submitted via our website, by letter, in person or by email or telephone is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner's website www.ico.gov.uk
3. How your information is used
We will use the information you provide to us to:
- Carry out analysis and research for the purposes of making recommendations to users.
- Assist users with their projects and events e.g. fundraising initiatives and event organisation.
- Process sales transactions.
- Record any contact we have with you.
- To find new ways to improve the quality of our service.
4. Accessing your information
If you would like to review or revise personal information which you have submitted to Shapland Limited, or believe we may hold about you, simply write to us at the address below. You will need to provide some supporting information (so that for instance we know it is you who is making the request) and we recommend that you keep copies of your letters and any enclosures. We aim to update your details accurately within a maximum of 28 days of your notification.
Again in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request (in writing please) details of personal information which we hold about you – this is called a 'subject access request'. There is a small administrative fee of £10, payable to Shapland Limited, which may be reviewed from time to time. If you do make such a request and it actually turns out that we hold no data about you, then the fee will be returned.
5. Notification of Changes